Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Morgan is 6!!!
For Morgan's birthday we (me & Jackie, my personal assistant for everything, oh, and my best friend, at least she should be!!) planned a "Garden Party" and invited her whole kindergarten class. Crazy, I know, but it turned out fine and fun! We made really cute invitations on a packet of seeds and put a worm eating it's way through each envelope - the talent we have is truly amazing! The party was way too cool. The kids each got to paint their own flower pot and plant a flower in it. They dug in "the garden"/sandbox for bugs and worms. Totally fun! We had a relay race where they filled up a bucket with water using watering cans. The food was remarkable and the dessert spectacular!:) Jackie and I made PBJ sandwiches and cut them with large cookie cutters in shapes of flowers, frogs, dragonflies, and snails. So cute! We had grapes and bug & butterfly shaped crackers in flower pots with a fake flower coming out the middle. We served capri suns in a plastic toy wheelbarrow. I know by now you are wanting to hire us for your child's party but we only do mine! Dessert - what can I say - too fun! We made sugar cookies with a tulip cookie cutter that I wasn't so thrilled about, but with a little frosting outline, you could kind of tell what they were. We put vanilla ice cream in a cup, topped it with Oreo crumbs (Dirt), and had a gummy worm coming out of it! The cookie was attached to a green spoon (stem) and stuck in the ice cream. Viola! Delicioso! I think all the kids had a great time and I know me and Jackie did!! Morgan got a lot of nice gifts and loved her garden party!!! She thinks her mom and Jackie are simply the best!
The next morning which was actually her birthday, she opened a couple of presents from us and blew out a candle on her Swedish pancakes - her favorite! I took popsicles to her class at school and then after school we celebrated even more. She had presents from family and we went out to dinner! What a fun 6th Birthday!
Posted by Brad and Alliene at 11:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment