Summer means less cleaning up messes and more making them (just ask anyone who drops by unexpected!!), more time to be lazy with the kiddos, more time to play, and less time to update my blog! Actually I have the time I just haven't gotten around to it. I was for sure going to update it before we went camping and took more pictures, but that didn't happen! We got back last night from a FUN, COOL, NICE camping trip, and as I sit here right now and can see the trailer still hooked up to the truck it is taking all we can, not to jump back in and head out again!! But before I get into all that, I need to backtrack over the last month...yes, it's already been a month! Someone please slow the clocks down so that school doesn't come before we're ready!!
We took a quick but fun trip to San Diego last month - towards the end of the month and went to Legoland, Sea World and the beach. It was a lot of fun and we all had a good time! The weather was nice, too. Actually cold at times which was a nice break! Kolten & Morgan had a lot of fun riding the rides, seeing all the animals, and playing in the ocean. Okay so we are not total rednecks (just kinda) but when we went to the beach, being that I was cold and knew the water would be, too, I just assumed everyone would just walk along the beach and enjoy the water on our toes. Ha! Tourists!! Who were the only ones on the beach with their children playing in the water up to their necks, fully dressed in their clothes??? Yup, that'd be us!! Yes, I had packed their swimsuits, but again, I just thought...which was my first mistake. Oh well, they had fun and I doubt we'll see any of those people ever again! But true to my thinking, it was cold! When all the fun was had, Kolten & Morgan were COLD! Then like true hillbillies (because we had already checked out of our hotel) they changed out of their wet clothes into some dry ones right in the car!! I'm wondering now, why I'm admitting all this!:) Oh well...
Since I took so many pictures, I'm doing a slide show...well more like 3! Kolten would crack us up when he was on rides that he thought he was too old/cool for. He would act totally bored or do weird things! He's funny! Morgan was into all of it, except one of the roller coasters we went on at Legoland. She wasn't too happy about it, but she still had fun! Once it was over, that is! They had a blast riding & riding & riding a water ride called the Aquazone. The last time some little girl hit the "splash" button right at the right time and got them wet everytime. I think she thought Kolten was cute!! At Sea World they both wanted to sit in the "soak zone" at every show, but I basically didn't, so we finally let them at the sea otter show and we sat up above them in the safe, dry area. Well that is the one and only show that didn't get splashed unmercifully that day and where they sat they stayed completely dry! Bummer! We did ride one of the rapids rides and got wet, though, so that made up for it, in my opinion! After we had ridden it once, Kolten & Morgan announced that it was totally awesome and wanted to ride it again. I was thinking what the heck, we're already wet! As we got closer to the front of the line, and my rational thinking clicked in, I realized I could get alot wetter, and maybe that wasn't so smart, and the sun would be going down soon, and so I snuck out of the line and took pictures instead! That may have been one of the smartest things I've ever done. Morgan was completely covered in one of Brad's jackets - zipped up over her head offering complete protection. But, Brad and Kolten on the other hand got SOAKED!!! Yes, I made at least one good choice that day!:) We stayed and watched some of the night shows until Kolten couldn't stand the cold anymore - poor guy! It was super fun, though!! I am doing slide shows because we took way too many pictures! Grab some ice cream and go to the bathroom, this could be awhile!
LEGOLAND
SEAWORLD
THE BEACH










1 comments:
seriously, how long did it take you to do those slides!!
Post a Comment