Another mom from the first grade class decided we needed to do crafts once a month with the first graders. Since she swears she isn't crafty and thinks I am she persuaded me and another mom to do it with her. So I was in charge of a Halloween craft. I couldn't find anything that thrilled me or Morgan so I finally decided to do the pumpkin bat idea I saw in Family Fun magazine. Plus I had a paper bat finger puppet and a spider bracelet to make for backup if needed. Anyway knowing the kids wouldn't have time to paint the pumpkins, I did it ahead of time. Well Thursday night before I was going to bed I thought maybe I should bring the pumpkins in, but my dear husband talked me out of it, saying something about not having seen any javelina around lately. Hmmm... Of course I am an adult and so it was my decision to leave them outside - what kind of animal would eat a spray-painted black pumpkin anyway??? NASTY JAVELINAS, that's what!!!! Disgusting. Friday morning when I looked out the window I noticed that there were missing pumpkins, half eaten pumpkins, squished pumpkins, etc. AHHHH!!!! So as soon as I dropped Kolten and Morgan off at school, I ran to Walmart again and bought more pumpkins and ran home and painted them again!!! Oh well the kids had fun making them and some really turned out cute and some I might add were pret-ty scary! Not because they were bats just because they were 1st graders making them!!:) I meant to take pictures during the process but I guess I got a little busy, so here is one of Morgan with her finished projects!! We're going to do this Every Month????
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
1st grade craft day!
Posted by Brad and Alliene at 10:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Finally an update! We were begining to think the Miller's had disappeared! Glad you didn't. I love the Halloween costumes and of course the crafts. I like the craft idea, I even mentioned it at our staff meeting. I told them it was a great idea but not to included me on the sign up for teaching it! So sorry about your calling ending sooner than you would have liked. I'm sure all the priary kids will miss you alot!
Post a Comment