Last night Morgan gave a nice FHE lesson on being thankful. After her story, etc. we made a list of some of the things we are thankful for and here are some of them - in no particular order:
1. Family (of course!!)
2. Food (or course, again!!!)
3. The Book of Mormon, Jesus, The Gospel, The Holy Ghost, Heavenly Father
4. Hot showers
5. Friends
6. Temples and esp. the soon to be Gila Valley Temple!
7. Animals
8. Water
9. Missionaries, esp. Marcus, Bridger and Brock
10. Work
11. Santa Claus (that would be from Morgan!:))
12. Our home
13. Beautiful weather
14. Hot Chocolate (Morgan, again!)
15. The White Mountains and Black River
16. Books
17. Peaceful moments (Brad and I are so grateful for those!)
18. The Great Outdoors
19. Adoptions/Temple Sealings/Birthmothers/Forever Families
20. Warm fires on chilly mornings
We are so grateful to be a family and to have such a great extended family!
TONIGHT I am grateful to have the laundry caught up (for the moment), to have a clean house (that I have worked on ALL day), to have a super husband that supports me in all my craziness!, that homework is done for another day, and I am especially grateful that I get to go to bed pretty soon!! I am of course also very grateful for a son who has a strong will, gentle heart, smart mind, and who will surprise me with hugs and kisses for no reason but just to say he loves me. And last but not least I am so grateful for a daughter that keeps me smiling or guessing or something. On the bus home from school the other day she drew a picture of her as a princess with a cat and then wrote "I like prinsiss. I wish I had a crawn. I wish I was royl. I wish I had a cat." Like I said, I am grateful for my little girl! Even tonight when she twisted a comb in her hair and Brad and I spent 30 minutes getting it out - I still am grateful for the joy and interesting times she and Kolten bring into my life!! I am truly blessed!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
We are thankful for....
Posted by Brad and Alliene at 10:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You rock! I am thankful for awesome cousins!
Thats awesome! your family is so together! We are planning on coming down for the Miller Family Christmas party this year. We hope to see you!
I love you Sister Mi... I mean Alliene. And your blog is so cute and I loved reading what your family is thankful for, I especiallly agree with the hot chocolate, especially here in Idaho. So hey! Its not a funny thing to be thankful for :) I will be home in a couple weeks so I will see you soon! I havent been home in almost a year, I am way excited.
P.S. Yes I remember everything you mentioned to me in a roundabout way how could I ever forget, and I know I dont take pics so its hard to do this dumb blog for my family
Post a Comment