Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I guess I better get my Halloween pictures up since it's 2 weeks till Thanksgiving!

When will I ever get caught up... oh well. So the Halloween festivities (what are we celebrating anyway? Dressing up?, or candy?, or both? Halloween is kinda not my favorite holiday - sorry! I just tolerate it and act like I'm having fun so we can get it over and move on to the real holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas!! Now those are reasons to celebrate!!!) Anyway the festivities started Thursday night with the school carnival and just to set the record straight, I do think all the little kiddos are cute in their costumes. Morgan and Kolten were easy this year which made it nice for me! Morgan was super girl - she saw the costume probably in August and then it went on sale and I had a coupon - viola! Done with her costume!
I gave Kolten the idea to be Indiana Jones and he liked that idea so we ran with it.
He already had most of it - I dyed an old stained church shirt tan, we borrowed a real whip from my sister and then I splurged and bought him a hat or a fedora as he calls it. He looked pretty cool and he had fun in it. He unlike Morgan is not about the candy. Morgan and I ran around the carnival playing every game so she could win more, More, MORE candy! Kolten did the hayride and other stuff and I think he didn't even have any candy! Friday - Halloween I did another craft with Morgan's class. And then that night we took "treats" i.e. pumpkin bars, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and pumpkin cookies to some friends and family. Kolten and Morgan didn't even care about the trick or treating and getting junk, they were just excited to be dressed up handing out treats. They didn't take bags for candy and everyone was talking them into taking a treat from them. I just wanted to do something different this year then sending my children around begging for treats. Next year, with our new president, I may be forced to send them around begging for treats, food, money or something, but as for now I felt it was better to give than to receive!! Looking at these pictures it reminded me of Kolten telling Morgan she should have me put some cotton or something in her arms to make big muscles for her costume. Well Morgan was pretty disgusted with that idea and said "my muscles are BIG enough, see!" as she flexed and showed off her huge biceps!!!:) I guess that's why she chose that pose for every picture!!!

3 comments:

MANDERSON said...

Hey, I read your blog to see what's happenin in your life. Halloween isn't my favorite holiday either but I do like to dress up, that's about the only thing I like about it.

MaryAnn said...

OK, off subject here:
Is that your "paper bag" wall behind the two of them! That looks SO COOL! Will you come do one for me someday?

MaryAnn said...

visible after owner approval? Come on! You don't approve of me automatically?