Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Kolten the Great White Hunter!!

I really don't know where the phrase "great white hunter" came from or what it means, but I hear it all the time ... so, anyway, Kolten is great, and he is white(Caucasian) and he has been quite the hunter lately! Kolten and Brad like to go coyote calling and they have been a couple of times in the past month. The first time they went, Brad called in a couple of coyotes and Kolten missed the first one but he nailed the second! He was pretty excited to say the least! The next time they went out with my brother, my nephew, and a friend. Brad was calling again, and this time video taped it. Well to make a long story short, Brad called in a bobcat and Kolten shot once and missed, but the bobcat didn't even flinch! (A coyote would've been long gone.) He shot again and got it! This time we have video but no pictures...hmmm... I think Brad was a little too excited and forgot about that part! I guess I am going to have to go just to be the photographer!! Well let me just say Kolten and Brad were VERY excited!! I personally don't know many (any) 9 year olds that have shot a coyote and a bobcat!! It may not be everyone's thing, but Kolten and Brad love that time together and really enjoy the fun whether they get anything or not... these last two times were a serious bonus!!! You gotta love the fedora!! Sorry there are 3 video clips - I'm not smart enough to figure out how to get them together, plus I don't have that kind of time right now...you only need to watch the first one till Kolten shoots it...the next 50 plus seconds is just Brad calling making sure he got it...boring!:) The second video is short and just shows Kolten running down to check it out. The third video shows the bobcat trophy!:)


0 comments: