Since it is getting close to Christmas, I decided it was at least time to change the background on my blog to something Christmas-y! It's not my fave but it'll do since I will need to be changing it again very soon. We are excited for Christmas and I personally am excited for the break from school!! Yippee! I don't know what happened between 3rd and 4th grade, but suddenly there is a major difference in learning, homework and school in general. It has been a tough year! And I'm not talking just for me! I am really hoping Kolten's teacher doesn't have something against Christmas break and assigns them some weird report about figuring out the speed and distance Santa has to go to cover the whole world on Christmas eve...it seems like that could be a possibility though. Of course, I might have jury duty during Christmas break, so I don't know what I am worried about...ahhh! I don't mind jury duty, but c'mon during Christmas break?? I figure even the "not proven guilty until they have had a fair trial" criminals deserve a little time off during Christmas. Keep your fingers crossed that I don't get picked this time!!! Plus I am having withdrawals of not going to the Polar Express this year. I know, so sad. But to try to make up for it, I have been eating more (Christmas treats) and drinking (hot chocolate) my way through it! I think I'll be okay!
Now for the real Christmas message... I LOVE this time of year. I am okay with the hustle and bustle. I love the Christmas lights, candy, decorations, wrapping, shopping, etc. I tried to start early this year so that it wouldn't be so hectic around our house, and I have really enjoyed the season so far. My new theme is "Simplify Christmas, Celebrate Christ". I really wish I had that on a vinyl sign or something, hint, hint! I am glad that in the times we live in that I know the true meaning of Christmas. I am grateful for my Savior, for His birth, His life, His teachings, His example, His atoning sacrifice for me and His resurrection. Knowing that, who wouldn't have a very Happy Christmas? I hope all of you feel His love and enjoy the season. Merry Christmas!
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Simplify Christmas, Celebrate Christ...
Posted by Brad and Alliene at 9:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I like the background, and I love your theme! Maybe you should do that on a sign for next years big gift.:) I sure wouldn't mind a reminder. I got a lot done before Briggs, so I don't feel stressed at all this season, and it really is nice to enjoy the season and focus more on why we are celebrating it. Anyway, Beckie, of course misses Morgan and is wondering when she'll be here for Christmas!
Post a Comment