Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Merry Christmas Brad!!

Ask Brad who the best wife is and he will,without even hesitating tell you I AM!!!! (Me, Alliene!) Of course he should think that all the time, but now I am more than ever. I arranged an early Christmas present for Brad, last Friday the 12th. Without him knowing what was going on I planned for him to go on a lion hunt - a mountain lion hunt that is! I am so sneaky and so great!:) I woke up way early on Friday morning and then woke him at 4:30 and asked if he was ready for his big surprise. (I will spare you the details of waking him..."going on a lion hunt...":)) Anyway I told him he had 30 minutes to be ready to go on a lion hunt and he couldn't believe it. He thought I was going to take him to the zoo or something lame like that! Ya, like I'd get up at 4:00 in the morning to take him to the zoo!! I mean I love the zoo, but not that early! Okay, I don't want this post to be WAY long, so another long story short...he goes with these other 2 guys (friends) and by 8:00 that morning they (the dogs) already have a mountain lion treed. What the??? I thought I was going to have to "give" him several trips before he got to shoot one or even see one. Merry Christmas to me - kind of - he only had to go once to fulfill his Christmas gift from me, but now he's kind of addicted you might say, so he wants to go again...and again. (He loved the whole outing - horseback riding, the dogs, the scenery, shooting the lion, the breakfast burritos, the orange rolls, etc., etc.) The guy who took him said if I sent food like I did that time, every time, then Brad could go with them whenever he wanted. Hmmm...sounds like a win-win situation for Brad and for me??? NOT SO MUCH!!! Anyway Brad was VERY excited and VERY happy!! He was thrilled with his Christmas present from me, now let's just hope I feel the same way come Christmas morning!!:)


How's this for a family Christmas picture???

6 comments:

Roxy Dozier said...

LOL, what a great gift. If I got that for Clay he would roll back over and go to sleep. So needless to say, if we ever need to hunt for our own food the Dozier's may just starve! Good thing we know where the hunters live! Have a Merry Christmas, your blog is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Alliene your making all our christmas presents look bad! How are we ever going to beat that one!
Merry Christmas- We love you guys!

Love
Desiree

Brad and Alliene said...

Roxy, only too bad we're shooting animals that nobody eats...I guess if we were really starving! And of course then we'd share our mangy nasty coyote with you! I'd work on your year supply if I was you...it will taste better!!! Merry Christmas!

Brad and Alliene said...

Desiree, It comes with years of practice! J/K! Merry Christmas! Hope to see you this weekend - are you coming?? Loved your Christmas picture - Raylee is too cute!!

Brad and Alliene said...

You'd think I don't speak English, what I meant to say, Roxy, is if I WERE you, not WAS you!!! Going on little sleep here!

Andy and Michele said...

That's awesome! What a great hunter you have there. Way to surprise him, that's the best. I can't wait to see what he does for you, cuz that's going to be hard to beat! Hope you guys have a great Christmas. Will we see you around here anytime?