Okay so I am a major blog slacker, loser, whatever you want to call it (or me!) Sorry but it's been busy and no this hasn't been my biggest priority. So all 3 of you that check my blog and have given up on it ever being updated again here goes. I am going to cram like 6 weeks into 10 minutes!! Ha, well I'm going to try. May brought Fathers & sons outing, field trips, talent shows & the end of school, which I was extremely ready & happy about! No summer school for my kiddos! I personally think it's a dumb idea - summer school - sorry if I'm offending any or all of you, but I am from the "old" school where you get summer BREAK Not summer school! So yes we are home together this summer and so far no one has seriously harmed another!:) Morgan & Kolten both participated in the school talent show this year. New music teacher so the talent show was way different than last year - it was more like American Idol only with no winners or losers. Kolten played the piano & Morgan sang another song from Rigoletto - "The Melody Within". They both did a great job & we were just excited that they both went through with it, especially Kolten who has a fear of being in front of people. Luckily his back was to all of us as he played the piano!:) They also both took part in a track meet. Kolten didn't want to go but was a good sport about it & did a good job participating in the events without complaining!:) Morgan was all about it - up early running all around the house so excited to go! She is all about the social aspect of everything - even if it means running! She had fun & even got a couple of 3rd place ribbons for races. Long story, but I need to write it so I don't forget. They run by grades, so they had the 1st grade girls lined up to run a 100 meter relay - just back & forth on the field. Well no one prepared these sweet little girls for this, so they didn't know what they were doing. Morgan was the last leg (she's fast - even if her legs are shorter than everyone else's!)- well the only thing she was told was she had to wait to run until after "so & so" touched her hand. Well her team is struggling a little with the whole concept of the race. The 2nd leg ran past the 3rd leg & the 3rd leg didn't run for quite some time (all the parents were yelling encouragements:), but it was just too chaotic. Then when the 3rd leg finally ran, she didn't ever touch Morgan's hand she actually just ran to some other girl (it was so sad - they were all confused) - so Morgan waited & waited... Then the race was over & then she saw me - my heart was breaking for her- & she couldn't be brave anymore.:( Poor girl...she ran to me & just kept saying "she didn't touch my hand"...so sad! Well it was her first time running at a track meet ever & in a relay. So if I had known, I would've explained it to her, but they were supposed to be practicing so I thought they were prepared. Well the happy ending to this totally sad story is that one of the boys' teams (from her class) needed another runner, & Morgan got to do it. She doesn't care if she runs with boys ... or from them...or to them...:) So me & some other moms took it upon ourselves to give the kids a "crash course" lesson on running the relay race. So they did good & got 3rd place! Morgan was thrilled! So were the boys...some day they won't let her run with them but for now they were excited! Of course 1 or 2 of the ones she ran with really like her so that helped I'm sure!:) Kolten & Morgan both did well in school this year...Morgan is reading really well & is at 3rd grade level at the end of 1st grade. She got awards for being an overall good student & good grades & also for high grades in writing. Kolten got a class award for being the "Most Knowledgeable" in his class - (I tell you he reads A LOT!!) & then got awards for being on the A-B honor roll & also for AR - Accelerated Reading. He had 86 AR points for this last 9 weeks only! That is pretty amazing compared to the AR awards the older kids were getting - 100 pts for the whole year, etc. Anyway he does like to read & apparently he is actually comprehending what he has read!:) I got a VIP - Very Important Parent award for volunteering - cool, huh?:) Now we are into the summer, going to the library, piano lessons, voice lessons, bookmobile summer reading program, etc. It is fun! Brad had scout camp last week & we are so glad to have him back home! I will try to not let the next 6 weeks slip by without some kind of update! But no promises!!! I'm on summer break, too!!:)
Kolten playing the piano at the talent show
Morgan's song at the talent show...the sound wasn't great & there was a child throwing a tantrum, so it's kind of hard to hear...oh yeah, and I was holding Halle while Jackie was playing the piano for Morgan, so Brad was taking a picture & forgot to start the video camera, so it's a little delayed...:)
Morgan at the track meet
Morgan on the last day of school with her award in the class & at the award's assembly
Kolten at the award's assembly
Sunday, June 14, 2009
I guess my blog isn't my number one priority...
Posted by Brad and Alliene at 6:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Good job on the blog in a nutshell! That is awesome about Morgan running with the boys! You better start teaching her now to run from the boys!:) Talent, talent, talent! They both did great! So, maybe we'll see you this summer?
Post a Comment