Okay so after my last I-am-so-busy-poor-pitiful-me post, I jinxed myself...I got sick! Yuck!! And I still had stuff to do! So now it is Monday morning and I should be getting "it" back together after the weekend, being sick, etc. But maybe my body is saying okay, enough, take a break! Or maybe, not. Anyway it got me to sit down and I decided what the heck...maybe I'll post about stuff that happened in July! Ha! I know I probably should just let it go and start from now, but then this is journaling, and you can't just leave whole months out of your life, right? Actually I probably could, but for Kolten & Morgan, I won't!
So let's see...way back in July...I know most of you are saying "why bother" but it's my lame blog, so I'm doing it!:) I think I left off about the time of our family campout in the White Mountains. We left Monday morning to stay the whole week, which made Brad very happy. Since we usually don't go up until Wed., we didn't realize that LOTS of people must go up Fri. or Sat. and stay through Mon. or Tues., because there were people everywhere! The fishing was not so great, mainly because Black River was totally fished out! I, believe it or not caught the first fish of only 4 or 5 that we caught total. By the time I caught the first one, Morgan was so excited she did like a victory cheer/dance right there!! So funny!! She actually ended up catching one, too, as did Brad, and I caught another couple. So that was our fishing not-so-great this time! But everything else was great! It was beautiful weather - enough rain to keep it cool, but not too muddy. Perfect! Some of Brad's family came Wed., then more Thurs., and then some more on Fri. It was fun to visit and relax and read (that's what I did:)) and eat. (Oh yeah, I did that, too!) We had lots of yummy food, homemade ice cream, Mexican BBQ - good times! Friday night we had a Family Home Evening with everyone that was there. It was Brad's idea but he put his mom & dad in charge. They asked Morgan to sing a song, which of course she was happy to do! She chose one they are learning in Primary this year..."The Family is of God" and then two of her aunts who serve in primary asked her if she knew "My Eternal Family" which she does, so she sang it, too. It was nice! The whole FHE was really neat and fun to do with everyone. Good idea, Brad! It was hard to leave to come home on Sat., but we forced ourselves!:) Sunday afternoon as we could see the trailer out the window, it took all our willpower to not jump back in and go back!!
Monday, September 14, 2009
Jinxed...
Posted by Brad and Alliene at 8:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment