Monday, September 14, 2009

Don't freak out, here's another...

I know I'm probably sending some of you into spasms right now being that I'm doing another post so soon after my last...but there is only one way to get caught up, & since I've had no volunteers...speaking of which, where is the compassionate service when I'm sick??? Doesn't anyone care??:) I guess I wasn't whiney enough! Next time I'll do better!:)
Okay so here's a quick one from the 24th of July/Pioneer Day Celebration. We celebrated this year with my mom and sisters at the tri-stake festivities in Pima. It was fun! My nephew Jordan and his "band" sang during the activities and he really amazed me! Sorry, that didn't sound right, but I hadn't really heard him before, and - he's got talent! He played the harmonica amazingly, too. So cool. He writes songs, plays instruments and is leaving on a mission this week! What a guy! This is now going totally out of order, but yesterday we went to his not really farewell, farewell. He gave a great talk! Somehow he went from being this goofy little boy:) to suddenly this amazingly talented young man - missionary! Ahhh! Where does the time go? He really did a great job on speaking in church. My mom wrote a poem that her musician/home teacher put music to, and some of Jordan's family/friends sang it in church yesterday. (NO, you are not supposed to do that anymore, but small town rules are sometimes different I guess:)) It was really nice, too. Btw, he is going to the Hartford, Connecticut mission - Spanish speaking. And if that isn't all just cool enough, my niece, his sister, got her mission call on Friday and she leaves in November for the Columbia, South Carolina mission. We are so happy and excited for Jordan and Sarah!! I'm so glad Kolten & Morgan have such great family examples! Sarah leaves the day Marcus gets home! Wow!! So exciting! Okay so back to the real outdated post: The celebration was fun - Kolten & Morgan enjoyed the parade, games, food, entertainment & fireworks! Yes, they always end with fireworks, and it didn't even get rained out! The fireworks were really good, too! We had a fun time! But beside all of that, we are truly grateful for the pioneers - our own ancestors and so many others who were such great examples and sacrificed so much. We have it so easy today, but are ever grateful to them.
Christiane, Morgan, Jarrett & Kolten watching the parade.

Loved this - the float was perfect - my feelings exactly!

Jordan with the love of his life, his tractor, Annabell...Katelyn & Ian got to ride with him

There they go!

1 comments:

Andy and Michele said...

I'm impressed, can't wait to see what's next! That was a way fun weekend. Aren't Jordan and Sarah awesome! I'm going to miss them like crazy.