Friday, October 2, 2009

Little Blurbs...Long Post

For those of you wondering about our day to day life, LOL - like anyone is wondering about us let alone what we do everyday...Anyway here are a few side notes that deserve recognition w/o taking up a whole post by themselves. (Just a LONG one put together:))
First off can I just say (yes, I can say because it's my blog!)I am loving the chilly mornings. Brrrr... It is so nice! In honor of Oct. 1st yesterday, I made pumpkin pancakes with buttermilk syrup colored orange. Yum! Along with loving fall, I love hearing Morgan sing any song (even Miley Cyrus songs:)), anywhere, anytime. This morning it was a Christmas song bright and early and it made my day! Also I realized last night during family prayers that Kolten is a pretty mature pray-er. Or something. He is sensitive and thinks of things to pray for or about or give thanks for, that many children might not think of. And since some days it is a trial to get along with his preteen personality, I am really grateful for reminders of how much I love him. Okay dry your eyes, I'm moving on.
The real blurbs are:

* We now have a kitten. Morgan's begging finally paid off or not, depending on how you look at it. "I have always wanted a kitten of my very own like my whole life since I was like 6!" Seriously everyone needs a little girl. Okay you're "like" 7 now, how can that be "like your whole life"?? She makes us laugh and shake our heads in wonder what she will be like when she's 16! Scary! So she named "her" cat which belongs to the whole family - Bobcat. She waits her whole life and names a girl cat - Bobcat. Go figure. But she's calling her Bobbi (I spell it with an "i" to make it girly!) for short. This cat has brought about a not so cool change in Morgan (and not just the scratches all over her body, either!) suddenly she needs to be up at the crack of dawn to play, hold, and take care of her cat. Poor kitty. Morgan used to be our late sleeper. Hopefully this is just a phase. AND hopefully it won't happen on Saturdays!! The kitten gets mothered - smothered A LOT! It's kind of cute at times. Morgan was singing a go-to-sleep lullaby to her yesterday. Priceless. I think she just needs a baby sister or brother. But what do I know...

* Our last pet rabbit died. (Natural causes we assume, but then again we didn't do an autopsy, so...) It was not very sad for Kolten or Morgan (Maybe because they have dogs & a cat!) but I was devastated. No, I didn't really love the rabbit, but it was the ONLY pet we had that didn't make any noise. Bummer. Sad day for me.

*Our lovely little cousin Halle turned 1! As did Luke in August - I didn't mean to leave him out, it's just that I did Halle's cake. Wow! I don't do cakes (I eat them of course, but don't decorate them), but suddenly I am very fond of fondant - not the taste -gag - but working with it. It was the first time I even tried it and thanks to many answered prayers that day - it turned out - cute! Jackie loved it so that is all that really matters, as Halle didn't care, even though she was the one who wanted the zebra party. So Jackie says. I personally don't think Halle knows a zebra from a cow, but...hey the zebra print cake was cool!

*The Angel Moroni was put up on The Gila Valley Temple. I didn't get to be there, because it was hush-hush, until people started driving by & calling everyone they knew...anyway so neat. What a blessing. It has really had a profound effect on our family. Kolten & Morgan are so excited as we get to see it once in awhile, while it's being built. The first time we drove by there Morgan declared that she was "not getting married in the Mesa temple, not getting married in the Albuquerque temple, but I am totally getting married in the Gila Valley temple!" We are EXCITED! (And not just for her wedding!:))(It was already dark when we got there, so not the greatest pics...)


*We got to be with Brad's family last weekend for a wedding and missionary farewell. It was all nice and fun. Good food! I know, sorry, but I do tend to think about the food when it's a family get together, but then really, who doesn't? The reception was sooooooooo cool. It was like western meets bling. I wanted to package it up and bring it home or to a cabin or something. Anyway I loved it! Morgan and her younger cousin Kate danced the night away on the dance floor. So stinking cute. I was watching and Morgan would watch the other people dancing and try to follow their moves. FUN!! No I didn't get pictures, because remember I was thinking about the food, but hopefully I can get some later and maybe even post one.
*I am so looking forward to "confrins" this weekend. I love it and need it. Badly. Not sure about the grammar on that one, but let's just say, it's time - these last 6 months couldn't have come soon enough for me.
*Kolten got a poem published again and this one was maybe even better than the last. If that's possible.:) Here's the poem in case you didn't get a copy of the book like we did.
Raindrops
Raindrops,
Slowly to the ground
They fall.
Making sparkling pools
That aren't small.

Raindrops
Slowly make notes
Like a musician
Making music
As he floats.
*Okay enough blurbs. My next post will be back to August or something. My goal is to get caught up before Christmas, so I can fall behind again. Lofty, I know, but you gotta reach for something. Happy Fall!!

1 comments:

Jackie said...

The zebra cake WAS amazing and I really did love it. Thanks for putting so much time and effort into it. So I want to hear more about the blingy-western reception--why didn't I think of that?! Oh wait, I'm not a cowgirl, that's why. Though some days I feel like I am! Cute pics--thanks for putting in a good word for Halle!