Monday, November 16, 2009

"I got a rock" or Our Halloween fun!

Okay so I totally blew it when I posted Marcus on the day he got home. Now it's not good enough to just post things a couple of months after the fact. I ruined it all and I have no one to blame but myself. So I guess I will go ahead and blog about Halloween even before Thanksgiving and Christmas! Wow, this is alot of pressure! If I didn't have the pressure of 2 fabulous nieces (you know who you are Michele & Jackie)always outblogging me, I'd probably just quit, but I am so trying to be like them!
Okay so first off we picked the absolutely worst weather day to go to the pumpkin patch...nice. It was so windy which in a field of dirt and pumpkins doesn't make for a nice day. The Sat. before and the Sat. after were both be-ooo-tee-ful, only too bad for us. So we didn't stay as long as normal, but we still had a fun time. At least we still got kettle corn!!:) We had grandma (my mom) and my niece Audrey, her husband Jaron and their cute little boy Luke come with us. Poor Luke was having a hard time with all the blowing dust - really we all were - but he was a little more miserable then the rest. Of course I took a gazillion pictures, but I will just try to post a few of the better ones.:)
Funny thing the difference between boys and girls...Morgan wants her pumpkin carved with a BIG smiley face and Kolten wants a skull and crossbones. Hmmm...totally reflects their personalities right now!:) Kolten's had to be improvised a little, but it turned out pretty cool - he really liked it!
The night before Halloween we watched "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" which of course is almost the best thing about Halloween and I can't believe I am admitting this, but Kolten & Morgan had never seen it. I know I couldn't believe it either. What was I thinking? They loved it of course - I mean, who doesn't?
Halloween was well you know - Halloween. The only difference this year was that I spent all day baking - at least it seemed that way. I made caramel apples and homemade oreos (with orange frosting of course) and Monster cookies for the school carnival. I just did those because of the name - even though they aren't monsters. Oh well, whatever, I put the Halloween M&Ms in them and they looked cute. They tasted good so really that's what matters. Okay so there were 2 differences this year...Kolten had decided not to dress up. It was bitter-sweet for me, because on the one hand it was like "cool, I don't have to make him a costume" and then the other feeling was sad that he is getting too old to want to dress up.:( Well the irony of all of this is that about 15 minutes (literally) before we are leaving to go to the carnival he decides that yes, in fact, he would like to dress up. Hmmmm.... didn't I ask him every day for 2 weeks if he was sure he didn't want to dress up? Yes I did, and he didn't. So this is where the dad takes over because the mom is thinking "are you kidding me?" So I finished working on Morgan who wanted to be a "black cat with pink ears" and who I think looked very cute! I made her costume oh like the night before...but it turned out cute, I think. She was definitely the cutest cat I saw!:) But seriously it's hard not to be cute when you're Morgan - sorry but it's true!:) So I really don't know what Kolten was. He cut an old shirt to look like a wild animal (maybe a black cat with pink ears):) had "clawed him" and wore some pants that were too small and ripped. And then he topped it off with some red paint (blood, I assume?) and messy hair. Yes it was stellar. But you know what, I really didn't care. He was happy with it and so I guess that is all that mattered. Morgan loved her costume, too, and both of them had a great time at the carnival. Yes, glad that's over for another year! Let's hear it for Thanksgiving and Christmas!!!
Okay, so maybe I took a few too many pictures...yes, it's time for another slideshow.:)

2 comments:

Andy and Michele said...

I'm still sad that we missed the pumpkin patch fun, even if it was windy! Morgan is the cutest cat I've ever seen! Very fun! Oh, and good job keeping up with that Hatch girl!

Brad and Alliene said...

I am keeping up with that Hatch girl and YOU!! I have a long way to go though...but I will keep trying!!