My niece and I planned a surprise birthday party for my OLDEST sister Cheri. Her birthday isn't until this week, so technically she is still 49 and holding, but last weekend was the date that worked for us. Cheri was clueless about it until the very last minute as she and her husband were driving to my niece Michele's house. Then for some reason Cheri went into some weird detective mode and was trying to figure out things that she really didn't need to!! So she had an idea something was up as she drove up to Michele's house, but I still think we surprised her at least a little! It was a fun party! I think we had a little over 50 people there. One of my sisters and 2 brothers weren't able to make it, but my other sisters and brother came. Also other extended family, too. We had dinner - barbecued hamburgers, etc. and had salads and chips, guacamole, salsa, etc. Then of course we had a little cake and ice cream for dessert! We had a pinata that we made Cheri take the first swings at!! Then the kids got to finish it off. It didn't even make it to Kolten this time, but then again the kids weren't blindfolded and we didn't have Uncle Dustin or Brad "controlling" the pinata. They are good at keeping it lively! I think everyone had a good time and it was fun to see everyone and visit, eat, and eat some more! I love family parties!!! By the way Cheri looks way too young to be a grandma and 50! I hope I look that good when I'm 40!! Happy Birthday Cheri! Here's wishing you 50 more!!!
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment