

Okay I am weird - I know you all are agreeing with that right now and saying "yeah, so what else is new" - but what I mean is I am not the most excited mom for school to start. I was personally not ready to give Kolten & Morgan back to the public education system for awhile. I kind of liked not getting them rushed out the door before 8 am, only to rush them through homework, reading and chores at the end of the school day and them rush them off to bed. I kind of like having them home with me. Yes, we have our days where I would gladly send them overseas to boarding school until there were 21, if that were an option, but for the most part I like to be with them at home! So... grudgingly I sent them back and feel like I haven't had a moment to myself since then so I don't know what the big deal about "free time" is!!
Anyway, they really are too cool to go back to school, but I can't let them know that!! They are both enjoying their friends, their classes and their teachers. Hopefully that will last until May!!:) The only thing good about school for me right now is that it has us back on some sort of a schedule instead of "summertime playing mode"! Actually now that I think about it, I'm not sure if that really is a good thing or not!
Another "weird" thing I do is decorate doors. It's a little hobby of mine!:) No, really I just decorate Kolten's and Morgan's bedroom doors for their birthday, valentine's day and of course for the first day of school. I think Brad thinks I'm a little goofy and over the top, but it's tradition! I have decorated their doors since Kolten's first day of preschool. I think it's fun and I even think Kolten and Morgan look forward to seeing what their "weird" mom put on their doors today!!:) Don't you all wish you were as cool as me?!?!:)
Monday, August 18, 2008
1st Day of School - so cool!!
Posted by Brad and Alliene at 12:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yes, every day I wish I was as cool as you.
Hey Alliene! Hope you don't mind but I found your blog from Janell's. I can't believe how big the kids are. Makes me feel so old, I still remember Colton when he was just a little guy! You guys have the cutest family and yes, I've always thought you were super cool.
Post a Comment