Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy Birthday to us!

Brad and I have the same birthday for those of you who don't know, and that my friends, is a blessing and a curse. A blessing for Brad because he has no excuse to ever forget my birthday, and a curse for me because I don't get a day to be pampered, because I am too busy pampering him!:) Also I found out this year before our birthday - that National Relaxation Day falls on August 15, our birthdays! So I didn't even get to fully appreciate that!:) Again, another "day" invented by a man! Because a woman would have known better than to create a relaxation day - in our dreams!!:)
Well it was another day - We did get to go to lunch together, which was nice and good. Jackie gave us a Skookie maker and we are all very excited about that! Thanks Shaquelyn! We took Kolten and Morgan to dinner with us. Kolten told the waitress it was our birthdays which I'm sure embarrassed Brad. It's really much more exciting for Kolten & Morgan then for me & Brad, anyway! That's why we invited them to come celebrate with us! The waitress had us sit on a saddle and they loudly announced our birthday and gave a great big "YE-HAW!!!!" Kolten thought it was hilarious!! Morgan was so excited! Dinner was yummy! Happy Birthday to us!! One of the gifts I gave Brad which from the pictures you can tell he badly needed, was a "manly" apron - camo and all!! That is why I posted the "before apron" pictures and the "after apron" pictures. What a guy!! Morgan was helping us cook Sunday dinner/breakfast so she had her apron on and of course wanted to be in the picture, too!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy late birthday to you guys! I love the apron. I have camo material that I cut out for an apron someday I might really sew it we will see. I am sure the baby shower was a hit, you don't know how to throw a bad party! Well we hope to see you guys soon, are you going to Joe City for Thanksgiving? We are so we will hopefully see you then.