We got a dog and then we got two. I'm not sure how it all happened (Kolten & Morgan weren't even begging for it this time!!) but all of the sudden we were putting up fencing for a kennel one Saturday. Then by that afternoon we had an Australian Shepherd puppy living in it. I'm trying to figure out when I lost all control.:) But then since our cute little puppy, whom we named Tikka (Teekuh), was lonely, she doggy-cried all night, so what do we do? Get her company, a friend, of course. So now we have gone from not being dog people to being dog people - actually 2 dog people! Whew! Not that we don't like dogs, we just weren't planning on getting one anytime soon. Tikka's friend is Kit. Kit is a little older and bigger. Luckily they can bark, so I think they have been keeping the bobcats away from the chickens, and the javelinas out of the chicken's food. Did I mention they bark? Yeah, they're pretty good at that. Good watch dogs. So just in case I don't hear the rooster crowing at "way before dawn", Tikka and Kit are the back-up wake-up call. Ahhh, the country life. You gotta love it. Luckily we are at the end of our road...so far none of our neighbors have complained. Maybe it's because most of them have barking dogs, too!:) Well as you can imagine, Kolten and Morgan are in doggy heaven!! They are so glad to FINALLY have a dog(s)!!! Let's hope this doesn't wear off anytime soon!
Meet Tikka and Kit - yes, we love them. They are seriously growing on me, becoming part of the family: 4 people, 2 dogs, 1 rabbit, 1 rooster, & 10 chickens. (The humans are seriously outnumbered here!) We are a happy family!
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Guess What??
Posted by Brad and Alliene at 9:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment