Sunday, March 22, 2009

Kolten turned the BIG 1-0!!

Happy Birthday Kolten! (2 weeks ago!! Behind as usual!) On March 7th he turned 10! Which is entirely impossible since I haven't aged 10 years since he was a baby!! I really don't know where the time has gone. It's amazing how fast the days, months, and years race by. We didn't do a "friend" party this year, because Kolten didn't really want one and I didn't try to persuade him.:) (Thank you!) We just had a fun time hanging out together. Of course Brad had to help with a scout overnighter, that is scheduled every year at this time, so he missed the morning and some of the day. So Kolten, Morgan and I watched a movie and hung out Friday night. Then Morgan woke me up Sat. morning and made me get out of bed because "it's Kolten's birthday". I think she was the one that woke us up last year, too!! So we let him open a couple of presents that morning and then I made him German pancakes with buttermilk syrup for breakfast. (His request of course.) That night we went to dinner and Kolten made sure we told the waiter that it was his birthday so they would come sing to him and bring the birthday dessert! Too fun!
He got to open 2 other presents when Brad got home and was super excited about those, too. He got the 4th Leven Thumps book, a model rocket set (which we have shot off several times, with the neighborhood children (and some adults) watching & oohing & ahhing - they are alot of fun!), a Lego set from Morgan which he had put together by 10 am his birthday morning, and a bb gun. He has enjoyed all his gifts and had a great day!
Sunday we invited family that is here to come for cake and ice cream - Texas Sheet Cake and Red Velvet. Mmmm! He got some other fun stuff then, too! We are so happy that Kolten is in our family!! We hope you have many, many more Happy Birthdays to come!!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Wow look at you making a slide show and I didn't even get a phone call! :) I'm so proud of you, you're doing so good all by yourself! Keep up the good work! That ice cream was making my mouth water! :)

Brad and Alliene said...

Like I ever call you anymore about my blog! You haven't helped me since my first slide show! Have you not even kept up on my blog? Have you not noticed I have done a lot of slide shows w/o you? Do you think I can't do anything (Morgan's party) w/o you? What do you take me for helpless, pathetic, out of shape?????? Please don't answer that!

Andy and Michele said...

You two have way too much fun! Actually it looks like Kolten & Morgan had way too much fun! 10, sheesh, wasn't he just baptized? The icecream would look really good if I hadn't just eaten a little too much of my own. Oops, I really was only going to have just a bite or two. O'well, I have been being good. So, will Monday work for you for the zoo?