Kolten & Morgan had a nice little Easter break from school. They had a 1/2 day Thursday the 9th, and then had Friday and Monday off. Thursday we played around and enjoyed the beautiful - non-windy weather. We went for a bike ride, got ice cream cones and rented some movies. It was a nice relaxing day! Friday morning we got up and decorated Easter eggs and I had some baking, cleaning, and packing to do.
We left around noon to head to the Easter Pageant and to our cousin Jarrett's baptism. The Easter pageant was very nice except for the occasional wind (more occasional than not!) and for the protesters. We got there early but barely early enough to find a nice spot on the "hill" for our blankets. But the only spot we could find ended up being close to the protesters. Morgan was pretty oblivious to them, but Kolten was aware. They had some pretty bad signs and were yelling - but we couldn't really understand everything they were yelling. It's ironic to me that they claim we don't believe in Jesus Christ and yet if they stopped and watched and listened, they would see that THAT is what the Easter Pageant is about. So sad. At one point Kolten said something about going over there and just telling them the truth so that they would leave us alone. He didn't understand that those people don't want to hear the truth or won't listen to it from Mormons. Seems so simple to a 10 year old. It really is simple but not if your heart is hard and your mind already made up. Yet they couldn't deter the thousands there to watch... the pageant was beautiful. I am so glad we made the effort to go.
Saturday was Jarrett's baptism and it was really nice. Morgan sang at it with 2 of her cousins. I love that she loves to sing! We had a fun Easter egg hunt after the baptism & luncheon. Kolten & Morgan had a great, crazy time with their cousins!
Then later that night it was back home for Easter Sunday at our house. It was a quiet, nice Easter. I even made a big dinner - ham and the works - just for us! Usually Sunday dinner around here is pancakes or some other breakfast meal. But this was yummy, too!
I can't do an Easter post without giving thanks for my Savior and His life, example, Atonement and resurrection. I am so grateful for my testimony of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for Him. I hope everyone had a nice Easter, too!
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Happy Easter!
Posted by Brad and Alliene at 9:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment