Sunday, April 19, 2009

Morgan's 7th Birthday!!


Morgan's 7th birthday was full of fun, fun, and more fun! The FUN started early Friday morning (the 3rd) with her waking up SO EXCITED!! She opened a couple of presents and then we had Swedish Pancakes (her favorite) and buttermilk syrup for breakfast. Then it was off to school! That's when my day got crazy! We planned a "Barbie" birthday party for some of her friends - the girls from her school class. All week I had been doing things to get ready but still, Friday was busy. Thursday my good friend Sherrie helped me (or let's just say I helped her) decorate a big Barbie cake and 8 individual Barbie cakes. So cute! Only the Barbie picks for the little cakes were scary! Luckily once the cakes were decorated it helped them look a little better. If I'd had more time, I was seriously figuring out hair transplants. But no time, so they had to keep their 60s? 70s? dos! Oh well, the girls all thought they were cute and were super excited about having their very own to take home. Morgan had no idea I was doing the cakes like this, so she was REALLY surprised...she walked in and saw the table with the cakes on it and was thrilled! "That is TOTALLY AWESOME!!!" That made it totally worth it! Anyway Friday I just decorated and finished the last details. Luckily I had Sherrie and Clarice helping me towards the end, or I never would've made it! Thanks to Clarice, Jackie, and Audrey for being my big help during the party, too! Morgan's so lucky to have such great cousins!! Okay so the party was right after school - the girls came and had some snacks and then we headed downstairs to the Barbie party headquarters! We divided them up and Jackie & I (and later Clarice) did their hair, Audrey painted their nails, Clarice did their make-up and they played with their Barbies, and made little purses. Needless to say, Morgan got a nice array of BARBIE gifts! Go figure!:) She was thrilled with all of it. We ended with cake and ice cream and sent the girls home with bling rings, feather boas, Barbie stuff galore and of course their own Barbie cake. I think everyone had a great time! I know I did!!:)
After the girls left, Brad and Kolten (who had stayed out of sight up to this point), Morgan and I left to go to dinner and the Gaslight Theater. Crazy day, I know! I wasn't able to get Gaslight tickets for Kolten's birthday, and they both wanted to go for their birthdays, so we ended up getting them on Morgan's. We went to Macaroni Grill (Morgan's choice) for dinner and then to "Harley's Angels" at the Gaslight. Morgan started not feeling well - but she was a good sport and still really enjoyed the show. She still does parts from it and now wants to be a Harley's Angels for Halloween!:) It was fun!
We had some family over for cake and homemade ice cream on Sat. after the Priesthood session of General Conference. Then we called the party officially DONE!!!:)

cake

0 comments: