You know there are schools around the country who are just now having Spring Break, so taking that into account I am not so behind as I thought. Of course since I am honest, true, chaste, etc., etc., our Spring Break was about a month ago! Well now with that out, we had a good time and a fun trip and a great week of no school or homework!!! We went to Albuquerque, NM and loved it. Brad and I hadn't been since we picked up Kolten 10 years ago. Sheesh...times flies. Kolten was thrilled when we told him we had planned a trip there and Morgan was excited, too. Some of the highlights of our trip were: The Temple - beautiful from the outside - Brad & I wanted to go, but didn't have a babysitter for the chillens, so we just walked around it one evening with them. Really a beautiful temple. We went to the Alb. Zoo and we all have decided it is one of our favorites. It was so family friendly and a good variety of animals and the weather was great! We also took in the aquarium and botanical gardens - all part of the bio park. We rode the train to the zoo from there and back. The aquarium was fun- lots of sharks, stingrays, and eels, oh my! There were other fish, too, but I can't remember the names of all of them.:) The gardens probably are a little nicer now that it is warmer and more spring-like, but there were things to see and play on that Kolten & Morgan enjoyed. There is a kid's garden that everything is oversized - huge! It really made Morgan look small!:) The next day we rode the "World's Longest Aeriel Tram" up Sandia Peak. Whew! Scary! Kolten was seriously so excited about this until we drove up and he saw the tram going up the mountain. At that point I didn't know if we would be able to get him or Morgan on it. Luckily we did and they loved it - after a little while. Morgan was "hugging" the center pole not looking too happy in the beginning, but then she ventured over to the door/window and was fine after that. Kolten was brave, too, and was able to look out while we were going up, up, up!! This is when my knees would go weak - watching Kolten & Morgan looking out at the door. I was okay, but I didn't want them to fall out! I don't think that could happen but I always get that way when they are close to something that is high up and on an edge. I get the heebie-jeebies just thinking about it!:) Just motherly love and concern! Anyway the ride one way is about 15 minutes - when we got to the top there was snow! Fun! We were not really dressed for snow, but that didn't stop anyone! Well, anyone but me! I just watched from the walkways! Morgan had the most fun - she is our snow bunny or snow angel or devil or whatever! Her socks & shoes were soaked and I still couldn't get her to dry land! Don't call CPS on me...she didn't get frostbite or pneumonia or anything! She just had a lot of fun! There is a restaurant at the top that we had lunch at and then after we had all the fun we could handle, we rode the tram back down. Which was fun too! Just not as scary as on the way up. If you're ever in Alb. I would recommend you ride the tram! Brad said when he rode it (years ago) in the Summer, the ski lift is open and you can ride it on the other side. We just sat in the chairs though, since it was closed. We also went to Old Town and that was fun. We went to a Rattlesnake Museum that was creepy to say the least, but Kolten enjoyed it. And it's more like a small building then say, a museum, but whatever. The less snakes for me the better! I bought my mom a necklace in Old Town from one of the Indian ladies selling homemade jewelry outside the shops. It was for her birthday - I couldn't help it, it reminded me of some of the jewelry my dad used to buy her when they went on trips. Morgan also got a little bracelet. I went away thinking there was a lot of pretty things, but couldn't justify it for me! Oh well...maybe next time! Let's see we went to the NM Natural History and Science Museum and that was fun and interactive. We watched a "movie" in the planetarium and it was like the Star Wars Disneyland ride. I think Brad slept through it and I was grateful when it was over. Between the staring up in space and feeling like we were moving all the time, I was happy to see it end!:) Again, Kolten & Morgan had a good time there, too. Other then eating more than we should've - oh, and Kolten tried Quail for the first time, at a restaurant, - that was pretty much the highlights of our trip. We all agreed it was a fun place to go and have decided to move there permanently. J/K, but Kolten & Morgan both want to! (I had to do a slide show because I had so many pictures! Okay so I did 2 slideshows...we were trying out our new camera & got a little click happy! Grab some popcorn & enjoy the double feature!!) Oh and btw, it was St. Patrick's Day the first day we were there, thus the green shirts!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Spring Break! (There is a 15 intermission on this post. Yes, it's that long!)
Posted by Brad and Alliene at 8:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
I love posts like this! It's so nice to hear how your family is doing. Sounds like you have a couple of fun loving but shy daredevils. Have fun with that! Maybe we should get our kids to play together. My kids could stand to have a little braveness rubbed off on them!
Post a Comment