Monday, May 12, 2008

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!!

Okay so Brad and Kolten are gone for 3 days, so what are Morgan and I supposed to do?? Just hang around at home waiting for the mighty (Ha, ha) hunters to return?? I don't think so - when the cat's away, the mice will play!! After the zoo field trip it seemed like a shame to just come back home and waste a perfectly good Friday afternoon and night, so we played! We went to lunch at the mall and then Morgan played in the play area. After I had had enough of sitting watching her, we walked around the mall and looked at all sorts of fun things. During our walking, window shopping and clearance shopping, we had "Melt" (the Italian Gelato) which of course was Morgan's idea but who am I to complain?? Then later we had to get a cookie, too, which again was Morgan's idea but she didn't have to really talk me into that either! We had done a lot of walking at the zoo and mall that day, so I figured we would just walk it off!! Morgan picked out several things for me for Mother's day while we were shopping/looking. She would tell me it was a surprise then show me two choices and ask which one I liked better. We didn't actually ever buy anything she picked out for me, as I told her she would have to do that with Brad, but she seemed to have a really good time picking what she thought I would love to have! We left the mall and went to DSW - my favorite shoe store - where Morgan was a big help picking out all sorts of shoes she thought I should have! Actually I found some cute ones in their clearance - in my size for once!- that I let Morgan talk me into buying for myself. I love shoes and I love clearance sales, so ... what can I say? I did however pass up the bright pink jeweled ones that Morgan absolutely loved for me! I told her I didn't have anything to wear with them (which is true!) and luckily for me, I mean unfortunately they weren't my size!!:) She tried on some stiletto heels that I told her I would break my leg if I tried to walk in them. She looked at me and said "really?, will I break my leg?" So cute and funny, she is! She was very careful - just standing in the shoes and luckily she did not break her leg!! She is a fun girl to shop with! When I finally decided we should head for home, Morgan decided she was hungry for dinner and suggested we go to Macaroni Grill and I thought "what the heck we might as well finish the day with a nice dinner together!" It was fun to just be with Morgan and enjoy a mother/daughter outing. We came home and rented a movie - "The Wild" - so fitting for our zoo outing! and laid in my bed and watched it and then fell asleep! So much FUN, and that is what girls wanna have!!! I won't even get into what we did on Saturday ... :)

0 comments: