I got to be a parent volunteer to go on a field trip with Kolten's class. I was so excited to do this since I get to do so much with Morgan's class all the time and hadn't done much with Kolten's this school year. We went the morning after Morgan's graduation (which even though nobody spiked the punch I did have a huge headache all day!!:)) We went to an American Indian museum and it was really interesting. Luckily the ride wasn't too long as I rode the bus with Kolten. Okay now that really wasn't the highlight of the day. I really don't know why Morgan and Kolten always want to ride it! We either sat in the bumpiest part of the bus or we hit every bump on the way. Either way I was extremely grateful that the museum was not too far away. Oh and you can't beat that "20 third graders stuffed in a bus" smell!!! Kolten made me so happy because he was actually excited and wanted me to come with him (which will change soon enough, I'm sure!) and he even wanted me to sit by him on the bus. All the kids got on the bus first so the teacher could make a head count, so when I got on with the adults, Kolten was sitting in a seat with his hand out next to him, saving the seat - FOR ME!!! What a kid! He could've chose to sit with his goofy friends, but instead he picked his goofy mom!!! We watched for sahuaro cactus on our way, as Kolten informed me they are blooming right now. (Sometimes he's like a walking encyclopedia. The sad thing is I usually don't know if he is giving out accurate information or not, as I usually have no clue what he is talking about!!:)) So we watched for bloomin' cactus and then before I was too miserably sick we were there! The museum and activities were a lot of fun for Kolten and his class. I enjoyed it too, and learned a lot. Which was good for my brain! They got to make some things and do different activities and then tour the museum. Kolten had a good time grinding corn and weaving with some yucca grass. We had lunch and then the kids all played around and climbed on the huge rocks and then we had a lovely bus ride home! It was a fun day with Kolten and I am really glad I was able to go! It's nice to see him around the other 3rd graders and realize he is definitely not the strangest 9 year old out there!:) Actually he is pretty normal and I think he's GREAT!
Monday, May 19, 2008
Now I remember why I don't ride the bus...
Posted by Brad and Alliene at 8:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment