Tuesday, February 10, 2009

So COOL - No School! SNOW DAY!!!!





Yes, we had an Arizona snow day today! What fun! All the area schools were cancelled today and let's just say it couldn't have been a more exciting morning at our house! As soon as I woke Kolten & Morgan up I told them to look out the window, so instead of the moaning and pretending to (or really still) be asleep, they were dressed in their "snow gear" and outside playing, before I even had a chance to decide what to fix for breakfast! I'm going to try this trick every morning!!:) (Too bad when I woke up I didn't know school was going to be cancelled today or we would've all stayed in bed!!) We actually had enough snow to throw snowballs (sorry Jackie:)), get wet and cold, and even build a snowman (or 2)! It has been a fun morning! I especially enjoyed sitting by the fire watching them outside the window playing in the snow!! I just love snow days! When I decided maybe they should take a break from the cold (it was really cold!!) and do something like a chore (heaven forbid - what kind of a mean mom am I??) Morgan just about freaked! "What if all the snow melts while I'm cleaning my room and I don't get to play in it anymore? That would make me sooooooooooooooooooo sad." Drama?, for sure. Queen?, pretty much. And then she was off out playing in the snow again!! Well, I guess since this doesn't happen very often maybe I'll go a little easy on them! Actually I have enjoyed the thrill of today - it makes me feel bad for those without children, or working moms. I'm just really glad I was able to be a part of the excitement and joy that Kolten and Morgan had. I wouldn't have wanted to miss that for anything. I'll even take the wet clothes, wet (and now muddy) shoes and floors, pretty much the snowy mess all over the house yes, that and the fact that there's no Homework today!!! That makes it all worthwhile!



Morgan played almost all day outside. After we built the first snowman she went out later and built another by herself. (She did steal the head off the other one!) You can tell by all the pink that this is HER snowman or snow -woman!!)

1 comments:

Roxy Dozier said...

Soooo fun! I'm sure a great time was had by all. No school and no homework is always a plus.