What an emotional, spiritual, full of love week! Valentine's day was as lovely as ever. We started the weekend with a late trip to the temple and didn't get home till late Friday night. We had been planning to go to the Gila Valley temple groundbreaking Sat. morning, but with our "already-built" temple trip the night before we decided to just go to the broadcast at the Stake Center. It was amazing. They also unveiled the architectural rendering of the temple - so beautiful. The spire is 100 ft. tall!! It is such a wonderful thing that there will be a temple in my hometown area. And it is totally cool that it will be a shorter trip for us to go to the temple. It was a very spiritual meeting and very emotional. I don't know if everyone felt that way, but it means a lot to me because my ancestors settled and founded the Gila Valley area. Now some many, many years later there will be a temple. A temple where I used to play church softball during the summer, now is hallowed ground. It really had a profound affect on me. My aunt was asked to share her testimony/feelings during the groundbreaking ceremony, and that was really special, too. I am really excited for this...it is happening so fast and that is super exciting, too. What a blessing for me to sit and watch this historic event with my family, whom I am so blessed to be able to have the temple blessing of being sealed to forever! I just love the gospel, my family and the temple!
We also had stake conference this weekend and it was all great, too. The more mature I get the more I enjoy the Sabbath day, Stake Conference, General Conference, etc. It was a very uplifting weekend. And on top of all that, of course the day of love was February 14th. And so the official 12 days of Valentines ended! I hope my family can handle the withdrawals! No time to have withdrawals for long...Kolten's birthday will be here soon and then Morgan's, then Easter, then summer vacation...time flies when you're having fun and lots of love!!!
Monday, February 16, 2009
What a Week!!
Posted by Brad and Alliene at 10:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment