12 days till Valentines and it is that time of year again at our house! For the last few years I have done the "12 days of Valentines" to Brad, Kolten & Morgan...think: the 12 days of Christmas only with a lot more LOVE, hearts, red & pink, chocolate, etc. I decided one year that I wanted my family to really know how much I love them, (or maybe it was just a sick desire to do something MORE while I am simplifying my life!) so I decided to start this little tradition. Every day until Feb. 14th I will leave a Love note and a little something on their bed - anything from a candy, small toy, book, coupon, or whatever I think they will like - I usually don't go too far over the top! This of course all leads up to the grand finale. The night before valentine's day when everyone is sleeping I (cupid)(that was cupid, not stupid!) decorate their bedroom doors with hearts, balloons, love notes, etc. Then I will give them something a little nicer for their actual Valentine's gift. (Yes, my mom gave us valentine gifts when we were little - at least she did for me! Sorry I was just answering Brad's obvious question: Did you get a valentine's present when you were their age?):) It really is a lot of fun and now that they are aware that it has started, they will be running to their beds (yes, even Brad!:)) as soon as they get home from school (work) each day! (Today they were not even suspecting it and even when I told Morgan to go look around in her room she missed it!) I made Red Velvet cupcakes for them today - still figuring out tomorrow...but while I am feeling all sneaky and cupid-like what do my dear little children do tonight?? They put a note on my bed with a crayon heart (we made them last year for our valentines - so cute and fun - check them out at familyfun.com) and a love-uh-lee necklace Morgan made me with a silver heart on it! Wow! I am so feeling the love! You don't think mom's crazy ways are rubbing off on them? You don't think every day I will be in for a surprise?? Hmmmm.... I doubt it, but still, what a great family I have! Yes, Love is in the air!!
Here's a little "love" picture for you! Morgan's kisses really aren't as bad as it looks!:)
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Let the LOVE begin!
Posted by Brad and Alliene at 6:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
K, you are the awesomest mom of the world! Can I just send my kids to you for you to finish raising them? My mom always made a big deal out of valentine's day too. She's always bake us our own giant valentine cookie with our name written on it in pnk frosting. Thanks for this little bit of inspiration!!
Okay so I am not at all the most awsomemest (is that a word and if it is, is it spelled right??)mom...I just made this whole post up so people would think I was really a loving, Compassionate person. I'm so glad you fell for it!!:) No really, I do this because I have to make up for the other 353 days when it's not all lovey-dovey!!!
K - so Tiffany & I tried to copy you a few years back & do that for our families, only we kept forgetting! So, they got two things every-other day! You are so good though. Beckie (as you know) would love to come live at your house!:)
Post a Comment