Saturday, September 13, 2008

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Fall!!!

Okay so we really don't have Fall here, but the mornings and evenings have been chilly (yesterday morning around 6 it was in the 50s!!! and last night at Brady's football game I was a little cold!) and the days are getting nicer. So it has felt like Fall is coming! I love everything about Fall - the smells, the baking, the soups, the leaves, the apples (with apple brickle dip)... EVERYTHING!! Spring is nice because you have the pretty blossoms and green starting everywhere but then Spring leads to the hot summer. Fall is magnificent because it leads to Thanksgiving and Christmas!! I mean seriously, it doesn't get better than this!! So in honor of Fall (and Clarice's birthday, since she loves it, too!) I made my first loaves of Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread! Yummm!!! Yes, I posted a picture to make you drool!
I am not a fan of pumpkin pie, but I will be making plenty of this bread, pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting, orange pumpkin cookies and pumpkin pancakes! I can't wait!! Just talking about it makes me smile! Oh and of course it is time to make a batch or two of Jack-o-lantern Jumble!! I just LOVE Fall! Happy Fall to all!!!

1 comments:

Meghan Carbonneau said...

This is one area where I'm just like you. I love the colors and smells and everything about the Fall and upcoming holidays and seasons! I got my fall decorations out last week and ordered a pumpkin pie candle. Too bad it's still 100 degrees up here...doesn't quite feel like fall yet!