I am behind on my blog and don't have time for a "real" update, because I have been up to my eyeballs with peaches all week (not to mention a gazillion other projects!!)! So yes, we really are just peachy! I got peaches from Utah and have been busy trying to use them up before they go bad. I made 2 fresh peach pies, bottled 28 quarts, made 3 batches of freezer jam and 4 batches of cooked jam! Plus I (we) have been eating them with everything...on my cereal, on my pancakes, on my fingers, etc., etc.! I have been finding new recipes to try and old standbys. They are super yummy and I am happy to have them. I also have some pears but we have just been eating them. I got raspberries too and made jam out of them, so I have been kinda busy with all the fruit! I love it though, the feeling of "getting the harvest in", "preparing for winter", or something like that anyway! I love how they look in my pantry all pretty, lined up and ready to eat! Yummo!! I promise next week I will have more exciting things to blog!
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I just finished canning all of our peaches..now its on to applesauce. Sorry about the photo I sent not working out so well. I sent beth like 4 more today!
Post a Comment