Monday, January 12, 2009

Journal Entry Tres

I know these posts sound like I am writing a journal entry but that is what this is for me. When you get my age you have to write it down or you will forget it...even then you sometimes forget it.:) (I know Jackie is making some rude comment about my age right now!!) Okay another fun thing we did together during Christmas was go to The Forgotten Carols play/musical. Brad & I have seen it before and of course we listen to the music every Christmas and we have the DVD of the recorded anniversary show...anyway, Kolten and Morgan really enjoy watching and listening to it. One night after we watched it Kolten said it was his favorite Christmas movie, and then Morgan asked if it was real. I said yes that we had seen it before. Then she cried as only a sweet little girl can and started saying things about how she couldn't believe we didn't take her! (She was a baby at the time we saw it, btw!) So when I saw it was coming to AZ again, we decided to surprise Kolten and Morgan and take them to see it. It was the best thing to do 4 days before Christmas. I really don't think there is anything like good music to help you feel the Christmas spirit so much. I am so glad that we decided to do it. Even as it got late (the show didn't start till 7:30) Kolten and Morgan were watching & listening intently. We all really enjoyed it! Oh and yes Morgan did sing along with most of it!! I think she wants to be in it someday! Also she sang "I Cry the Day that I Take the Tree Down" when we took our Christmas tree down this year! I think the music has really affected her and Kolten!!:) Fun kids!

2 comments:

Andy and Michele said...

I didn't cry when I took our tree down, but I am sad the seasons over so soon. I kinda skipped blogging Christmas, I may go back though. Next post of yours needs pictures, the girls love seeing Morgan on the computer! Have a great week!

Jackie said...

My dear Aunt Alliene, I would never say ANYTHING rude about your age. You're so hip and cool that I have to remind myself that you're...hmmm....10? 15? years older than me. It just doesn't seem possible. You're more like a sister than an aunt. And more like an aunt than a GREAT aunt to Halle. BTW (as you like to say) this year's birthday is a big milestone for you, isn't it? :) Maybe I'll throw you a surprise party! (You won't remember anyways, we know how your mind gets as you age!) :)
Love, Jackie