Okay so I guess I'm one of those moms...bragging about how talented their kids are. Well here I go again...:) Kolten got published! Yes, indeed...he is having an original work of poetry published in a book of poems by students. Apparently his teacher entered his and other of his classmates' poems and Kolten was one of 5 that got picked to be published from his class! Surprise, surprise! Wait till you read the poem!! Let me just state that we did not help him.:) He is a master mind at work! No really it is cool that he got this honor and the letter said they don't publish all the poems they receive, and his certificate states that his poem "was selected as one of high merit and was chosen for publication." I did not make that up! So his winner poem will be in the next edition of "A Celebration of Poets" book - woo-hoo and congratulations Kolten!! Okay now for the poem - brace yourself - sidenote: he didn't even know this was the poem that won...he thought it was one he wrote about scorpions!!:) Remember he is just a 9 year old boy and this was written early on in the school year and ... well here goes: Drum roll, please.
THE CREATURE UNDER THE SEA -- by Kolten
20,000 leagues under the sea,
There lives something in the murk
Along the coast of Fiji.
It's slimy and black
With hundreds of razor fangs
And six fins on it's back!
And stay away,
For it might be anywhere!
I know moving...grab some kleenex!:) Remember we weren't the judges, either!!! Read it again and make it flow off your tongue - it really is a good one! He must take after his grandma who is always writing poems!! Way to go Kolten! We hope to see more of your works published!!! (And some royalties would be nice, too!:))
Now I couldn't brag about Kolten without mentioning Morgan. I know, I know I always talk about what a great singer she is but this talent none of us even knew about until recently. I will let the pictures do the talking, so to speak!!:)

Yes, she can comb her hair with her feet holding the comb!! Truly amazing, our children are!:) And they constantly make us proud!!:) Notice Kolten couldn't let her have the limelight w/o doing double rabbit ears or maybe those are antlers...who knows - when you're dealing with talented creative minds like these!!:)
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
You think America's Got Talent!
Posted by Brad and Alliene at 9:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment